- Rajput M, Dwivedi L, Sabarwal A, Singh RP. The biology of ageing and cancer – A complex association. In Models, Molecules and Mechanisms in Biogerontology. (Chapter 21), Ed. Rath PC. Springer Nature Singapore, pp. 465-497, 2020. doi.org/10.1007/978-981-32-9005-1_21.
- Sabarwal A, Kumar K, Shyanti R, Singh RP. Curcumin in Cancer Prevention. In Functional Food and Human Health (Chapter 16), Eds. Rani V, Yadav UCS. Springer Science, pp.329-374, 2018. doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-1123-9_16.
- Kandhari K, Agraval H, Sharma A, Yadav UCS, Singh RP. Flavonoids and cancer stem cells maintenance and growth. In Functional Food and Human Health (Chapter 26), Eds. Rani V, Yadav UCS. Springer Science, pp587-622, 2018. doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-1123-9_26.
- Mishra A, Singh RP. Cosmeceutical uses of herbs in sunscreens. In Sunscreens: Source, Formulations, Efficacy and Recommendations. (Chapter 12), Ed. Rastogi RP. Nova Science Publishers, pp. 297-308, 2018.
- Dheeraj A, Tailor, D, Singh SP, Singh RP. Anticancer attributes of Silibinin: Chemo- and radiosensitization of cancer. In Role of Neutraceuticals in Cancer Chemosensitization, (Chapter 10), Ed. Bharti, AK. Elsevier Science Publishing, pp199-220, Oct, 2017. DOI: 10.1016/B978-0-12-812373-7.00010-3.
- Singh N, Tailor D, Kale RK, Singh RP. Antioxidant phytochemicals in cancer chemoprevention. In Phytochemicals of Nutraceutical Importance and their Role in Human Health. Eds. Sharma G., Prakash D. CABI-UK publication, pp. 229-47, 2014.
- Mohan V, Nambiar D, Kale RK, Singh RP. Cell death-inducing mechanisms of cancer chemopreventive agents. In, Mitochondria as target for phytochemicals in cancer prevention. Ed. D. Chandra. Springer Science, New York, 2013.
- Kartha A, Kale RK, Singh RP.Current trends in diagnosis, prevention and treatment of cancer. In Recent Trend in Life Sciences. Eds. Fulekar MH, Kale RK. IK International, New Delhi, pp. 265-319, 2013.
- Taylor D, Singh RP. Dietary and non-dietary phytochemicals in cancer control. In Nutrition, Diet and Cancer. Eds. R. Srivastava & S. Shankar, Springer, pp. 573-610, 2012.
- Bhat TA, Mittal A, Singh RP. Prevention of angiogenesis and metastasis. In Chemoprevention of cancer and DNA damage by dietary factors. Eds. S. Knasmuller, D.M. DeMarini, I. Johnson, C. Gerhauser. Wiley-VCH VerlagGmbH & Co. KgaA, Weinheim. pp. 163-182, April 2009.
- Mittal A, Singh RP. Anticancer and immunomodulatory properties of Tinospora. In Herbal drugs: Ethnomedicine to modern medicine. Ed. K.G. Ramawat. Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, pp. 195-204, Dec, 2008.
- Velmurugan B, Agarwal R, Singh RP. Role of bioactive natural compounds in cancer control. In Recent progresses in medicinal plant (phytopharmacology & therapeutic value III). Eds. J.N. Govil & V.K. Singh. Studium Press, LLC, Houston, TX, USA, vol. 21, pp. 367-93, Jan 2008.
- Singh RP, Agarwal R. SENCAR mouse skin tumorigenesis model. In: Tumor models in cancer research. Ed. Beverly A. Teicher. Humana Press Inc. Totowa, NJ, USA, pp. 359-380, 2002.
- Singh RP, Rao CV, Malhotra SV, Agarwal R. Report on 13th International Symposium on “Cancer Prevention and Treatment” Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India 20-21 February 2020. Indian Journal of Experimental Biology. 58 (3): 228-9, March 2020.
- Kumar NB, Dhurandhar M, Aggarwal BB, Anant S, Daniel K, Deng G, Djeu J, Dou J, Hawk E, Jayaram B, Jia L, Joshi R, Kararala M, Karunagaran D, Kucuk O, Kumar L, Malafa M, Samathanam GJ, Sarkar F, Siddiqi M, Singh RP, Srivastava A & White JD. Proceedings of the Indo-U.S. bilateral workshop on accelerating botanicals/ biologics agent development research for cancer chemoprevention, treatment, and survival. Cancer Medicine, 2(1); 108-115, 2013.
- Nambiar D, Singh RP. Anti-angiogenic intervention of cancer by chemopreventive phytochemicals. Proceeding of National Seminar on Role of Ayurveda in Rheumatoid Arthritis & Cancer Organized by GR Ayurved University, Hoshiarpur, Punjab, India. April 20-21, 2013.
- Singh RP. Prostate cancer - A silent peril for aging men. ISSRF News Letter, 30-33, 2012.
- Singh, RP and Agarwal, R. Prostate cancer chemoprevention by silibinin involves down-regulation of receptor tyrosine kinase signaling. Proceedings of All India Congress of Zoology, University of Lucknow, December, 2007.
Research Articles selected for Commentary/Highlights by the Journal
- Singh RP, Raina K, Sharma G, Agarwal R. Silibinin inhibits established prostate tumor growth, progression, invasion, and metastasis and suppresses tumor angiogenesis and epithelial-mesenchymal transition in transgenic adenocarcinoma of the mouse prostate model mice. Clinical Cancer Research, 14; 7773-80, 2008.
Commentary – CCR Translations by Rupal S. Bhatt and Glenn J. Bubley. The challenge of herbal therapies for prostate cancer. Clinical Cancer Research, 14; 7581- 7582, 2008.
- Kaur M, Singh RP, Gu M, Agarwal R, Agarwal C. Grape seed extract inhibits in vitro and in vivo growth of human colorectal carcinoma cells via induction of cell cycle arrest and apoptosis, and an up-regulation of Cip1/p21. Clinical Cancer Research, 12; 6194-202, 2006.
This article was selected for the ‘Highlights’ section of the journal issue.
- Qi L, Singh RP, Lu Y, Agarwal R, Harrison GS, Franzusoff A, Glode LM. Epidermal growth factor receptor mediates silibinin-induced cytotoxicity in a rat glioma cell line. Cancer Biology and Therapy, 2: 526-31, 2003.
Commentary by Jonathan A. F. Hannay and Dihua Yu. Silibinin, a thorny therapeutic for EGFR expressing tumors. Cancer Biology and Therapy, 2: 532-33, 2003.
- Tyagi AK, Singh RP, Agarwal C, Chan DC, Agarwal R. Silibinin strongly synergizes human prostate carcinoma DU145 cells to doxorubicin-induced growth inhibition, G2-M arrest and apoptosis. Clinical Cancer Research, 8: 3512-19, 2002.
Commentary by Robert S. DiPaola. To arrest or not to G2-M cell-cycle arrest. Clinical Cancer Research, 8: 3311-4, 2002.