Invited Talks/ Chairing of Scientific Sessions
1. Sixth International Conference on Stem Cells and Cancer: Proliferation, Differentiation & Apoptosis”. Invited talk and chair of a scientific session. Pune, India. (October 2015)
2. International conference on Cancer Prevention. Invited talk. University of Gdnask, Poland. (June 2015)
3. Academic Staff College, Invited talk for orientation program. DDU Gorakhpur, UP, India. (June 2015)
4. Keynote Talk, at National Seminar on Medicinal Plants: Markets to Produce, at INSA New Delhi, India. Title: “Role of phytochemicals in chemoprevention of cancer”. (April 29, 2015)
5. Keynote Talk, at KIIT Group of College, Gurgaon, Haryana, India, on National Science Day. Title: “How to control cancer?”. (February 28, 2015)
6. Fourth Annual Conference of the Society for Mitochondrial Research and Medicine (SMRM) at the School of Life Sciences, Manipal University, Manipal, Karnataka, India. (December 8-9, 2014)
7. International Conference on Emerging Trends in Biotechnology and 11th Convention of the Biotech Research Society, India, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India. Title: “Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor in chemoprevention of prostate cancer”. (November 6-9, 2014)
8. Chaired a Scientific Session in 5th International Conference on Stem Cells and Cancer: Proliferation, Differentiation & Apoptosis, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India. (November 8-11, 2014).
9. Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Colorado Denver, CO, USA. Title: “A novel role of silibinin in enhancing radiotherapeutic response in prostate cancer” (May 12, 2014).
10. University of California Riverside, Department of Chemistry, CA, USA. Title: “Chemoprevention of photocarcinogenesis by small molecules from plants”. (March 12, 2014).
11. International Conference on ‘Vistas of Life Sciences- Now and Beyond’ at Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India. Title: “Angioprevention of cancer”. (February 13-15, 2014).
12. South Asian University, New Delhi, India. Title: “Starvation of tumor - chemopreventive intervention of angiogenic switch to control cancer”. (Jan 24, 2014)
13. Fourth International Conference on Stem Cells and Cancer: Proliferation, Differentiation & Apoptosis” at Haffkine Institute, Parel, Mumbai, India. Chaired a scientific session on ‘Molecular regulation in cancer therapeutics’. Title: Chemopreventive agents target tumor angiogenesis. (October 19-22, 2013)
14. DBT-Brain Storming Session on Nutriepigenomics at CFTRI Mysore, India. Title: “Modulation of tumor suppressors by IP6 in prostate cancer”. (June 7, 2013)
15. A National Seminar on “Role of Ayurveda in Rheumatoid Arthritis & Cancer” Organized by GR Ayurved University, Hoshiarpur, Punjab, India. Title: “Cancer chemoprevention by phytochemicals”. (April 20-21, 2013)
16. A Conference on "Emerging Trends and Challenges in Basic and Translational Research in Biochemistry" by Centre of Advanced Study in Zoology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India. Title: “Vascular targeting of cancer growth by phytochemicals”. (February 4-5, 2013)
17. A Conference on "Applications of Natural Products for Human Health and Bioremediation of Pollutants" organized by Centre for Advanced Studies, Department of Zoology, University of Rajasthan, Jaipur, India. Title: “Role of naturally occurring compounds in angioprevention of cancer”. (March 22-23, 2013)
18. Thirty second Convention of Indian Association for Cancer Research on “Emerging Trends in Cancer research: Road to prevention & cure & International Symposium on: Infection and Cancer” Title: “Tumor Angiogenesis – a potential target in chemoprevention of cancer”. (February 13-16, 2013).
19. International Congress on Ayurvedic Concepts and Treatment of Malignant Disorders at Sri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara College of Ayurveda & Hospital, Udupi, Karnataka. Topic: Role of Phytochemicals in Chemoprevention of Cancer. (December 15-16, 2012)
20. XXXII Annual Conference of Society of Toxicology (India): New Paradigms in Toxicology (NPT-2012) at CSIR-Indian Institute of Toxicology Research, Lucknow, UP, India. Title: “Phytochemicals in angioprevention of cancer” (December 5-7, 2012).
21. Third International Conference on Stem Cells and Cancer (ICSCC-2012): Proliferation, Differentiation and Apoptosis at Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, New Delhi, India. Topic: “Apoptotic mechanisms of silibinin in neoplastic cells”. (October 27-30, 2012).
22. Fifth International Congress on Nutrition and Cancer at Elazig, Turkey. Topic: Decursin, a novel coumarin with anticancer activity in prostate cancer (September 09 - 11, 2012)
23. Indo-US collaborative Workshop focused on “Accelerating Botanicals Agent Development Research for Cancer Chemoprevention & Treatment”, at Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, Florida, USA. Topic: “Multiple targets of phytochemicals in cancer chemoprevention – cell cycle, apoptosis and angiogenesis”. (May 29-31, 2012).
24. International Conference on Mitochondria Research and Medicine and First Annual Meeting of the Society for Mitochondria Research and Medicine (SMRM-India), at Centre for Cellular and Biology (CCMB), Hyderabad, India. Topic: “Apoptotic mechanisms of silibinin in neoplastic cells”. (December 9-10, 2011)
25. Inter-University Accelerator Centre, New Delhi. Ultraviolet radiation-induced molecular alterations and apoptotic signaling. (November 21-22, 2011)
26. International Conference on Natural Products and Cancer Targets: Progress and Promise, Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou Province, China. Topic: “Decursin, a naturally occurring coumarin, suppresses various aspects of prostate cancer growth”. (August 24-25, 2011)
27. International meeting and round table discussion involving American and Chinese Scientists on Translational Research for Cancer Control, at Institute of Medicinal Biotechnology,
Chinese Academy of Medical Science, and Pekin Union Medical College, Beijing, China. Topic: “Translational research with phytochemicals for cancer control”. (August 26-28, 2011)
28. International Conference on Carcinogenesis and Cancer Prevention organized by Carcinogenesis Foundation, USA, at DSI, Bangalore. Title: “Cancer chemopreventive activity of a naturally occurring novel coumarin compound”. (February 16-18, 2011)
29. Three lectures on various principles and techniques on topics related to radiation, Central University of Bihar, Patna. (December, 2010)
30. International Cancer Research Symposium-2010 on Defining and Translating Science Behind the Disease at Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Trivandrum, Kerala, India. Title: “A coumarin compound inhibits prostate cancer cells growth via modulation of cell cycle progression”. (December 20-22, 2010)
31. Word Congress on Cancer-2010, Kottayam, Kerala, India. Title: “Targeting cell cycle regulation in prostate cancer.” (September 3-5, 2010)
32. University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, PA, USA. Title: “Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors: role in chemoprevention of prostate cancer”. (July 2, 2010)
33. Symposium on Natural Products in Health and Disease: Biochemical and Molecular Mechanisms. Punjab University Chandigarh, Punjab, India. Title: “Mechanisms of cancer chemoprevention by IP6”. (March 5-6, 2010)
34. International Symposium on Current Status and Opportunities in Aromatic and Medicinal Plants. Central Institute for Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, Lucknow, UP, India. Title: “Role of phytochemicals in cancer control”. (February 21-24, 2010)
35. International Symposium on Endocrinology and Reproduction: Molecular Mechanisms to Molecular Medicine and 28th Meeting of the Society for Reproductive Biology and Comparative Endocrinology. SCMM, JNU, New Delhi. Title: “Prostate tumor growth and progression and its chemoprevention”. (February 4-6, 2010)
36. UGC Academic Staff College, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India. Title: “Chemoprevention of cancer”. (January, 2010)
37. International Conference on Frontiers in Diagnosis, Prevention and Therapy of Cancer, Motilal Nehru Medical College, Allahabad, U.P., India. Title: Cell cycle regulation and carcinogenesis. (November 21, 2009)
38. Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India. Title: “Targeting angiogenesis by small molecules for cancer control”. (October 30, 2009)
39. 13th ISCB International Conference on Interplay of Chemical and Biological Sciences: Impact on health and environment. University of Delhi, India. Title: Chemoprevention of prostate tumor growth and progression. (March 1, 2009)
40. Two lectures at UGC Academic Staff College, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India. Title: ‘Cancer Chemoprevention’ and ‘Angioprevention of cancer’. (January 20 & 28, 2009)
41. Word Congress on Cancer-2009, Kottayam, Kerala, India. Title: “Antiangiogenic intervention of cancer by phytochemicals.” (January 13, 2009)
42. Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York, USA. Title: “Targeting tumor angiogenesis by phytochemicals for cancer control.” (January 11, 2008)
43. Indo-US Symposium on Tobacco-related Diseases under 5th World Assembly on Tobacco Counter Health (WATCH) Conference, New Delhi, India. Title: “Chemoprevention of lung cancer by targeting tumor angiogenesis.” (December 4, 2007)
44. Biospark-2007, SLS, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India. Title: “Vascular targeting for cancer control.” (March 23, 2007)
45. Academic Staff College, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India. Title: “Anticancer drug development from phytochemicals.” (February 21, 2007)
46. 75th Annual meeting of Society of Biological Chemists (India) at Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India. Title: “Mitogenic and survival signaling - potential targets for non-toxic anticancer agents”. (December 11, 2006)
47. International Conference on ‘Molecular and Physiological Effect of Bioactive Food Components’ organized by University of Vienna and Medical University of Vienna, at Vienna, Austria. Title: “Angioprevention – an upcoming approach in cancer intervention by bioactive flavonoids”. (October 13, 2006)
48. Health Products and Food Branch, Office of Continuing Education, Health Canada, Ottawa, Canada. Title: “Bioactive phytochemicals in prevention of cancer”. (September 6, 2006)
49. School of Medicine, University of Colorado, Prostate Conference Series. Title: “Signal transduction pathways: potential targets in prostate cancer prevention”. (March 6, 2006)
50. National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi, India. Title: “A plant flavonoid silibinin targets cell cycle regulation, mitogenic and survival signaling in prostate cancer”. (September 7, 2005)
51. School of Life Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India. Title: “Mechanisms of skin cancer chemoprevention and therapy by silibinin”. (September 6, 2005)
52. School of Life Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India. Title: “Targeting cell cycle regulation, mitogenic and survival signaling in prostate cancer chemoprevention” (February 3, 2004)
53. Presentation and discussion in 93rd Annual meeting of American Association for Cancer Research, Philadelphia, PA, USA. “Prostate cancer, silibinin and IGFBP-3”. (April, 2002)